Friday, January 27, 2012

And yet another day at Sea – Thursday

To tell you the level of excitement here today I was walking behind a guy at the pool and I noticed the writing on his cap  –“the older I get, the better I was”.  Taint it the truth? It struck me as funny so I set out on a mission to start reading caps and tee shirts around the pool. One guy’s shirt stated, “Things are so bad that I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail”. A guy in the buffet line, “I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to become a vegetarian”.  Or on a woman who looked like she meant it  - “The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list”.  There is no end to the things you can find entertaining when you have plenty of time to do them! The highlight of course was Jim’s big on stage performance. The performance when well, with no mishaps.  This is not stating the obvious as during practice, one song bird’s false teeth fell out on a high note!  They sounded pretty darn good for a group of amateurs who only had 7 practice sessions. There was a nice selection of songs from “The Rose” to “All that Jazz” – with an encore  of – what else – “Around the World in Eighty Days”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment