Friday, January 20, 2012

Laundry Wars

This was an “at sea” day – nothing much to report. We shoved off a week ago today so it is laundry day. We have heard these crazy stories about women getting in fights in the laundry room. They were telling us on two past cruises they actually had to put people off the ship at the next port because the women wouldn’t quit fighting, even after security arrived! I can’t quite imagine such a thing! They must have much better stuff in their dirty clothes basket than I do. I am eyeing these old broads aboard and I think I could take any of them easily!  Somehow, I can’t imagine getting that upset over anything, much less laundry duty. Luckily, Jim’s doing the laundry today – so I won’t have to find out.  We spent most of the day reading and eating on the balcony while watching an interesting assortment of birds that have followed the ship all day. I am told they are called “brown boobies” and they are excellent at catching flying fish mid flight! As we have been slugs most of the day we decided to “gussy up” and go for drinks, dinner and dancing tonight. Tomorrow – Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment