Friday, January 27, 2012

Another Day at Sea -Tuesday

No internet at all for the last two days so you may get a double, triple or quadruple dose when it they finally get it up and running. I mentioned this to Jim who said, “Maybe the Wee Fee is down.” Wee Fee?  “You know the internet connection”. Oh, Wi Fi. That is when I suspected he wasn’t going to be of much assistance with my computer problems on this trip!  Aside from that, our focus of the day was food. We were so excited that there was to be a “Mexican Buffet” today. As we seldom go a week without Mexican food, we were ready!  Knowing the cooks were Italian, we did not set the bar too high. We did adjust our caloric intake at breakfast to allow for some double dipping at lunch – just in case. I do know there is Mexican food then there is Tex-Mex, which is what we are used to. This was more Italian-Mex. The “enchiladas” I would describe as chicken lasagna. The guacamole did have avocados and tomatoes but not a hint of spice. The “chicken tortilla” soup had a tomato bisque base.  I think the other soup had seaweed. The refried beans just looked plain scary. A really sad commentary is, despite it all, we were so desperate for “Mexican” food we ate enough that we felt obliged to skip dinner! I suppose if they hadn’t said “Mexican” Buffet the food wasn’t too bad, but I still need my Chalupa fix. We are passing by Mexico  but they don’t stop in Acapulco anymore because of the drug/gang problems. I think I might have been willing to risk it for one good, greasy taco.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you can find a Taco Cabana in San Diego.. great fajitas.

    ReplyDelete