Monday, January 2, 2012

Nine Days until Fort Lauderdale

Well, we surveyed the volume of luggage and decided after tipping red caps at the airports, hotels, cruise terminal, cabs – paying for extra luggage etc. we could just get a transport service. They pick up your luggage at your door and it is awaiting you in your stateroom (hopefully) when you arrive! If you send it a week in advance you save several hundred dollars. For that, I can pack early! I ended up with 3 suitcases, and in the spirit of truthfulness, I packed more than the earlier mentioned 6 pairs of shoes. I know I have over-packed but don’t know what I need less of – dress clothes? Warm clothes? I know what you are thinking - how about less shoes? I probably should have packed lighter, then after the Panama Canal when we hit San Diego, I could just shop there. By then, I would have a better handle on my wardrobe needs - but it is done now. All the insurance, property and estimated taxes are paid. I hauled my better plants to Courtney. Auto bill pay is set up and my mail has been forward.  I am sure am forgetting something very important that will come to me about 57 miles out to sea!  Today I did book a  5 day excursion to tour India including the Taj Mahal. I have not talked to one person who liked their trip to India.  I guess I just wanted to see for myself and don’t expect to ever get another chance. I figured good, bad or otherwise, it will make for some interesting stories! MY next post might be after we are at sea on the 13th. Yes, we are sailing off into the great unknown on Friday the 13th – glad I am not very superstitious!

4 comments:

  1. Six pair?!? I knew you were fudging the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you decided to take us all along with you on this amazing trip of a lifetime! I can't believe you are making it with only 9 pair of shoes!! Will you be able to post pictures on this blog, because frankly I'd love to see how you unpack all of this into that stateroom. You may be using tea bags as decorations and cosmetics as art...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so lookin forward to traveling "with" you on this cruise. I can not imagine being able to unpack all three suitcases in the limited space you will have... I had trouble on a 10 day cruise... the closet was too small for two women to hang all their clothes. hee,hee... Hope you have a FANTASTIC time and each day is wonderful and you enjoy each port MORE than you expect. Expect THOUSANDS of photos from this long of a trip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And only taking a dozen pair of shoes would have been impossible, since you have to be "prepared" for anything...

    ReplyDelete