Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tasman Sea, heading to Tasmania - A Dinner Conversation

I had just taken the first bite of my Caesar salad, when our table mate began, “No good deed goes unpunished.  I tried to reunite my aunt and my dad after a 40 years estrangement. Sure enough after I got them together my aunt screwed me out of a quarter million dollars. She took care of my dad for a couple of months. Then right before he died, literally on his deathbed, when he didn’t know what he was signing, she got him to change his will and leave everything to her”.  Another table mate then asked, “How was your good deed punished?” He replied, “Well hell, by getting them back together I lost a quarter of a million dollars, that’s how.”  To which our third table mate retorted, “A quarter million, that’s not so bad, my partners screwed me out of two million dollars and not just an inheritance. This was my own hard earned money!”  I wanted to join the conversation – and I did get ripped off at Walgreens, not too long ago for a buck ninety three, but I suspected no one at the table would care.

No comments:

Post a Comment